This budget-friendly consignment sale takes place twice a year and is easy on the wallet for families across the country. Here in Houston, I'm fortunate enough to live close by to the Richmond-Rosenberg sale, and it's open to the public from March 29 through April 2 located at 1106 Herndon Dr Rosenberg, Texas 77471 (Behind Papa Mex in the Lamar Plaza).
During the fall sale last year, I snagged adorable onesies and outfits for only a few dollars each, and some items had multiple pieces of clothing (translation: lower cost per item and more bang for your buck!).
So here are my tips to make sure you get the absolute best deals and stock up for your family at Rhea Lana's (including toys, bedding, furniture, walkers, strollers, brand-name clothing, shoes, and more) for a fraction of retail costs.
6 Shopping Tips to Maximize Your Budget at the Sale!
1. Arrive early to the sale to ensure you get the best picks of the day. Shoppers are known to line up outside the door, and if you're looking for a hot item, it's best to get in the door first!
2. Know what you're on the hunt for and prioritize your must-have items. Playpens and other well-priced items go quickly, so make a beeline for the bigger items that are highly sought after.
3. Set time aside to really look through the store. There's thousands of items at each sale, so it may take you some time to really catch all the great deals you're looking for. It's extremely organized and all sections of the store are labeled, making your search that much easier!
4. Leave the kids at home with a friend or relative. This will help you maximize your free hands and find the best deals without distraction. As a new mommy, I know I'll be doing this! Look at it as a mini vacation and shopping spree all rolled into one.
5. Return on the last day for the half-price sale. A selection of items will go to half price, saving you even more money! My strategy during the last sale was to purchase adorable clothing items I loved on the first shopping day and return on half-price day to stock up on a few more items that were well within my budget.
6. Consign at the next sale and earn upwards of 70-80% on your items. Many moms will consign and see their sales in real-time on their mobile to budget for what they want to spend during the sale using their earnings. This means you can rotate out the old items your family no longer needs and bring in new clothing, toys, and gear to suit your family's needs!
If you're a coupon clipper like me, then I know you'll love this sale. For more information, see their Facebook page or website.
|My daughter, Eleanor Jane, wearing a onesie I |
purchased during the Fall 2014 Rhea Lana sale for only $3!