Was I an addict? Hell yes. I would spend at least an hour if not more on an average day as the video claims just scrolling. Why?!?! I only had 96 friends when I permanently deleted my account. I wasn't friends with 400 like most people. I had close friends and mostly relatives, but I grew tired of the cryptic status updates such as "Oh my gosh, that totally sucks!", or "I can't believe that just happened to me!" I decided it was time to cut the addiction and start living more.
Since deleting Facebook, I've been able to:
- focus more and not think about what my feed is up to
- avoid following the latest drama with a friend
- spend more time with my husband in the evenings after we get home from work
- connect more with friends on a one-on-one basis
- think more about how I can create content for the blog
- be more productive at work and in my personal life.
So, what's stopping you from breaking the addiction?