Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble Recipe
Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble
yields 4 servings
1 lb. tofu, crumbled
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can Rotel, reserve 2 Tbsp. liquid
3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. honey mustard
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper to taste, optional
lime juice, optional
hot sauce, optional
8 whole wheat flour tortillas
1. Coat the bottom of a saucepan with a thin layer of water and turn heat to med-high.
2. Add chopped onions, bell peppers, and 2 Tbsp. Rotel liquid to saucepan to cook for 3 minutes.
3. Mix crumbled tofu, nutritional yeast and honey mustard in a bowl.
4. Add tofu mixture to a separate pan and cook on med-high.
5. Combine chopped veggies with the pan of tofu and add pinto beans and oregano.
6. Serve with lime juice and hot sauce immediately with whole wheat flour tortillas.
Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.