Curried Cauliflower & Mushroom Soup
yields 6 cups soup
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove
1 Granny Smith apple
1 tsp. curry powder
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1-32 oz. box vegetable broth
10 mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup almond milk
1 avocado (optional)
1. Sautee onions in large pot with 1/4 cup water for 5-7 minutes.
2. Add garlic, apple, curry powder and 1/4 cup water and cook for two more minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, broth and mushrooms, then bring to a boil.
4. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add cardamom, almond milk and avocado, then use immersion blender and blend until smooth.