I stumbled upon this post on a Kale Mac N' Cheeze recipe, and it looked so yummy that I had to try it out ASAP. I basically used the same recipe, but didn't have all the same ingredients. Here's my modified version of the recipe below!
Kale Mac N' Cheeze
yields six servings
1 pound whole wheat penne pasta or macaroni
2 bunches of dino kale, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 cup almond milk
1 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
pinch cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon yellow miso
black pepper to taste
1. Cook whole wheat penne pasta or macaroni according to instructions box.
2. Add kale to a pan on medium high heat with vegetable broth and garlic for ten minutes.
3. Once finished steaming the kale, add to blender and shred. Turn off pan and add kale back in.
4. Rinse blender and combine milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, lemon juice and spices for the sauce until smooth.
5. Place sauce in the pan with kale over medium high heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
6. Pour over drained pasta and toss lightly with a spoon to coat thoroughly.