Sunday, March 4, 2012
I had seen a really great idea for lasagna on Pinterest. Unfortunately, the recipe included cheese, something that I'm steering clear of as part of my lifestyle change. So naturally, I modified it!
yields 9 servings
9 lasagna noodles
1 jar pasta sauce
6 mushrooms, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 container hard tofu, crumbled
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 Roma tomato (cut into rounds for the top of each stuffed noodle)
1. While boiling the noodles, cook the spinach in a separate pot of boiling water for five minutes.
2. When noodles are finished boiling, drain and lay flat on parchment paper to cool.
3. Combine chopped ingredients with Italian seasonings, tofu, herb paste and garlic in medium mixing bowl.
4. Spread a layer of pasta sauce on the noodle and carefully add a layer of the mixture on top.
5. Gently roll the noodle into a square and place in a glass 9x13 baking dish.
6. After all nine noodles have been stuffed and rolled, top with the rest of the sauce and add a tomato round and cashews.
7. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.