Sunday, January 2, 2011
Wanted: Amazing Job
Journalism graduate seeking full-time position that requires critical thinking skills, creativity and strict attention to detail. A strong work ethic and dedication are two of my most important qualities. The position must include utilizing my writing, organizational and communication abilities.
B.A. in Mass Communication, with an emphasis in Print Journalism from SHSU
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Expert multi-tasker
- 2+ years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Ability to handle customer service issues as they arise
- Knowledge of Adobe CS4, Microsoft Office, and iWork
- Develop story ideas and generate content as needed by the employer
- Utilize organizational skills to improve communication and effectiveness of overall tasks
- Heavy interaction with many people on a daily basis
- Handle customer service issues as they arise with a friendly demeanor
- Write for hours on end, with attention to AP Style
- Former Associate Editor for Your Austin Home & Lifestyle Magazine
- Former Entertainment/Copy Editor for The Houstonian
- Currently working in production field
If you feel like I would be a great match for a position, please send me a cover letter highlighting your accomplishments and a fact sheet about your company. Please include your salary history for this position and three recommendations from current employees.
Kelsey is a passionate vegan living in Houston, Texas, spreading the word about the benefits of eating a healthy, plant-based diet. She's also a minimalist enthusiast, a self-proclaimed financial guru of her household, and founder of The Little Red Journal.